The Faculty is the founder and member of the University of Novo mesto, which:
- Educates, researches and advises in the field of the management and operation of economic and non-economic entities;
- Trains students for environmental protection and management; develops environmental literacy; encourages rational use of space and natural resources; builds responsibility in spatial and environmental management.
In implementing these activities, it integrates different social and natural sciences, e.g., management, economics, business sciences, environmental protection, mathematics, statistics, sustainable development, law, organisational sciences, communication studies, foreign languages, information systems, with the aim of providing comprehensive, quality and applicable knowledge. It achieves this through quality study programmes; by modernising and adapting them to international standards; through quality higher education teachers and associates, and through capable and ambitious students, who gain knowledge by means of modern teaching methods and through active participation in the educational process.
The Faculty has been accredited by the Slovenian Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education and is implementing study programmes at all three study cycles:
- First-cycle professional higher education study programme Environmental Management;
- Second-cycle master's study programmes Environmental Management and Business Economics;
- Third-cycle doctoral study programme Business Economics and Management.