Dear prospective student!
The first-cycle professional higher education study programme Environmental Management at the University of Novo mesto Faculty of Business and Management Sciences is a new, modern and attractive study programme. It trains students to acquire expertise; to look for new sources in the scholarly and scientific field of modern environmental protection; to independently overcome the most demanding content-related, organisational and economic challenges in environmental management; to solve problems in new, atypical situations and altered circumstances, and to perform the most demanding technical, research-analytical and organisational work in environmental management. Through practical training in the 3rd year, the study ensures that students are suitably professionally qualified to become directly involved in the work environment of all areas of the economic and non-economic sector that deal with environmental management.
As Bachelors of Science in Environmental Protection you will develop the abilities to:
- Analyse, synthesise and predict solutions and consequences in the field of environmental protection;
- Record and define environmental problems, analyse problems and prepare expert-based solutions;
- Use scientific methods to solve technical problems;
- Learn about the objectives and indicators of sustainable development;
- Communicate and master the technical terminology relating to environmental protection and nature protection;
- Intensively transfer knowledge to users;
- Apply the acquired knowledge in practice.
You should enrol in the first-cycle professional higher education study programme Environmental Management because:
- It is a modern study programme that is integrated into the local environment, as it involves lecturers from the economic sector;
- Lectures are delivered by top Slovenian and international experts;
- It contains topical contents relating to environmental management;
- It is internationally comparable and follows the guidelines for the development of the global and local environment;
- The programme's structure allows students to define the breadth and depth of the knowledge and competencies to be gained according to their own interests;
- It provides the knowledge needed to understand the wider environment and globalisation processes, and a thorough understanding, development and application of theoretical knowledge of environmental management.